Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Rule of Peace: Day 9

"When a man's ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." Proverbs 16:7

Let me tell Y'all! I LOVE this verse! What a Mighty and Awesome God we serve! In your Biblical text you will probably notice that the name "Lord" is in all caps. 

This is simply one of the reasons that the Word of God captivates me so. There is so much in it to learn, not to mention the layers within it that lends us deeper understanding of our Great God and King. Today's verse is no exception.

You see, whenever we see "Lord" written in all caps within Scripture, we are literally being told that this is a rendering of the distinctive personal name of the God of Israel.

This, my friend, gives us even more validation of The Who behind the truth found in this scripture.

The God of Israel Himself causes even our enemies to live at peace with us when our ways/lives are found to pleasing in His sight!

So, this tells me...better yet, reminds me to concentrate on living a life which brings honor and glory to God because He undoubtedly has control of ALL of the rest!

                            ~Prayer~

Thank you LORD, The God of Israel, that You are for me! You alone order my steps, the direction of my life, and are powerful enough to cause even those who would make war with me to live at peace with me instead. Help me and strengthen me to live a life that brings You  alone all glory and I thank You for guarding my life from the hands of my enemies....natural & supernatural! In Jesus' Name! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment