Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Rule of Peace: Day 7

"And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

The ESV Bible Commentary tells us that "Paul echoes Jesus' teaching in the Sermon on the Mount (Matt. 6:25-34) that Believers are not to be anxious but are to entrust themselves into the hands of our loving Heavenly Father, whose peace will guard us in Christ Jesus. Paul's use of "guard" may reflect his own imprisonment or the status of Philippi as a Roman Colony with a military garrison. In either case, it is not the soldiers of today or yesterday who ultimately guard Believers-it is God Almighty. Because God is sovereign and in control, Christians can entrust all their difficulties to Him, who rules over all creation and who is wise and loving in all his ways!"


                          ~Prayer~

Father, I rejoice that in these dark and uncertain days I have the certainty of Your presence ever with me, watching over me, and caring for me. Thank You, that Your peace guards my heart and mind in times of distress; surpassing all of my finite human understanding. Forgive me when I forget and doubt Your peace and quickly remind me that I can always rest and trust in You! In Jesus' Name! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment