Wednesday, February 12, 2014

No Matter What Happens, You're Going To Be Okay Because......

"All my days were written in your book and planned before a single one of them began...." Psalm 139:16 b HCSB



God is already there....wherever "there" is....He's already gone ahead of you....He's tread the path, knows every twist & every turn.....He's arrived and is awaiting you with open arms.
There is an amazing truth woven into today's Scripture reference....a truth, that reinforces God's ultimate sovereignty over life and death, and also one that ensures us of the absolute fact that our God knows every single plan He has for us; because He has marvelously planned our lives down to the minutest detail.....
What a blessed assurance we have....not one thing that enters or touches our lives does so behind God's back....He knows it all and better yet, is there to meet us and travel each mile with us.....Every single thing that catches us by surprise is history past to Him.....He's already been there and done that.....
One of the things I've learned from understanding and resting in this truth....is to ask God "what?" rather than "why?" By saying that, I don't mean to give the impression that I always immediately understand or even appreciate everything God allows....there have been, and I am sure will still be, many things that occur in my time on this earth that I won't fully grasp until I step over into eternity....but I have decided that instead of wasting precious time striving with God and potentially getting stuck in the "why's" of life....my time is better spent by asking Him "what he wants to teach me in every circumstance of life....." Doing this helps me better accept , by faith, the things that don't make sense; and also helps me focus in on growing up in Christ, rather than feeling helplessly tossed and driven by the ever-changing seas of this life......
I want you to do something, Sis....I want you to read that first line over again; until it really sinks in.....until the truth of it makes it's way into your bloodstream and has a chance to touch every single aspect of your being! I want you to practice this truth until it becomes a permanent part of your thought life....Because no matter what happens, you're going to be okay....I've read the back of The Book.....He's there and we win!!!


To be reminded by a few other ladies that you're gonna be okay; head on over to http://holleygerth.com/ and read the other links found on her page! Enjoy and be blessed!

7 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful sister in Christ, inside and out. I identify with the encouraging words to remember "God is already there....wherever "there" is....He's already gone ahead of you....He's tread the path, knows every twist & every turn.....He's arrived and is awaiting you with open arms." This is a truth that has comforted me in those twists and turns of life. And I love the idea of not asking why, but what. God bless you as you walk along His path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, which is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers, who have written posts that are a blessing to them. The following URL is my main blog, a ministry to those who deal with chronic fatigue and pain. I called it The Liebster Award
    http://learningtobalancelifechanges.blogspot.com/2014/02/several-weeks-ago-shelley-from-chronic.html Your Sister in Christ, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, you humble and bless my heart! Thank you so much for such an amazing honor, Precious Sis! As I said to Teresa, the pleasure and blessing are truly all mine! God Bless & Keep you!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this. I needed it last Wednesday. Last Thursday. Last Friday. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete